Office: A130 # 67214
Lab: B121,B123 # 65427,65428
My research interests encompass the regulatory role of Cx43 gap junction and pannexins in glioblastoma.
- Ohio State University Ph.D.
Wu TY, Liang YH, Wu JC, Wang HS. Interleukin-1β Enhances Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell Adhesion Ability on Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells via LFA-1/ICAM-1 Interaction . Stem Cells International 2019; 2019:Article ID 7267142 (SCI).
- Chi-Ting Chiu, Chih-Kai Liao, Chien-Chang Shen, Tswen-Kei Tang, Guey-MeiJow, Hwai-Shi Wang, Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2015, May). HYS-32-induced microtubule catastrophes in rat astrocytes involves the PI3K-GSK3beta signaling pathway. PLOS ONE, 10(5), e0126217.
- Chih-Kai Liao, Chung-Jiuan Jeng, Hwai-Shi Wang, Shu-Huei Wang, Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2013, Nov). Lipopolysaccharide induces degradation of connexin43 in rat astrocytes via the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway. PLOS ONE, 8(11):e79350.
- Pei-Chun Lin, Chien-Chang Shen, Chih-Kai Liao, Guey-Mei Jow, Chi-Ting Chiu, Tun-Hui Chung, Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2013, Apr). HYS-32, a novel analogue of combretastatin A-4, enhances connexin43 expression and gap junction intercellular communication in rat astrocytes. Neurochemistry International,2:881-892.
- Yu-Fang Huang, Chih-Kai Liao, Jau-Chen Lin, Guey-Mei Jow, Hwai-Shi Wang,Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2013, Mar). Antofine-induced connexin43 gap junction disassembly in rat astrocytes involves protein kinase Cb. NeuroToxicology, 35:169-179.
- Ruby Yun-Ju Huang, Chen-Chen Wen, Chih-Kai Liao, Shu-Huei Wang, Liang-Yin Chou, Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2012, Aug). Lysophosphatidic acid modulates the association of PTP1B with N-cadherin/catenin complex in SKOV3 ovarian cancer cells. Cell Biology International, 36:833-841.
- Shu-Huei Wang, Chan-Jung Liang, Jiahn-Chun Wu, Jiuan-Jiuan Huang, Hsiung-Fei Chien, Jaw-Shiun Tsai, Yuh-Siu Yen, Ying-Chih Tseng, June-Horng Lue,Yuh-Lien Chen* (2012, Feb). Pigment epithelium-derived factor reduces the PDGF-induced migration and proliferation of human aortic smooth muscle cells through PPARg activation. International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell iology, 44:280-289.
- Chih-Kai Liao, Seu-Mei Wang, Yuh-Lien Chen, Hwai-Shi Wang, Jiahn-Chun Wu* (2010, May). Lipopolysaccharide-induced inhibition of connexin43 gap junction communication in astrocytes is mediated by downregulation of caveolin-3. International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 42:762-770.
- Shee-Uan Chen, Chia-Hung Chou, Chung-Wu Lin, Hsinyu Lee,Jiahn-Chun Wu,Hsin-Fen Lu, Chin-Der Chen, Yu-Shih Yang* (2010, Apr). Signal mechanisms of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-8 in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: dopamine targets their common pathways. Human Reproduction,25:757-767.
- Chung TH, Wang SM, Liang JY, Yang SH, Wu JC*. The interaction of estrogen receptor and caveolin-3 regulates connexin43 phosphorylation in metabolic inhibition-treated rat cardiomyocytes. International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 41:2323-2333, 2009.
- Hsu KL, Fan HJ, Chen YC, Huang YS, Chen CH, Wu JC*, Wang SM. Protein kinase C-Fyn kinase cascade mediates the oleic acid-induced disassembly of neonatal rat cardiomyocyte adherens junctions. International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 41:1536-1546, 2009.
- Wu CC, Wang SH, Kuan II, Tseng WK, Chen MF, Wu JC, Chen YL. OxLDL upregulates caveolin-1 expression in macrophages: role for caveolin-1 in the adhesion of oxLDL-treated macrophages to endothelium. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 107:460-472, 2009.
- Liang JY, Wang SM, Chung TH, Yang SH, Wu JC*. Effects of 18-glycyrrhetinic acid on serine 368 phosphorylation of connexin43 in rat neonatal cardiomyocytes. Cell Biology International 32:1371-1379, 2008.
- Huang RYJ, Wang SM, Hsieh CY, Wu JC*. Lysophosphatidic acid induces ovarian cancer cell dispersal by activating Fyn kinase associated with p120-catenin. International Journal of Cancer 123:801-809, 2008.
- Chen KH, Tung PY, Wu JC, Chen Y, Chen PC, Huang SH, Wang SM. An acidic extracellular pH induces Src kinase-dependent loss of -catenin from the adherens junction. Cancer Letters 267:37-48, 2008.
- Huang YS, Wang SM, Hsu KL, Tseng YZ, Wu JC*. Mechanism of oleic acid-induced myofibril disassembly in rat cardiomyocytes. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 102:638-649, 2007.
- Huang SH, Chen Y, Tung PY, Wu JC, Chen KH, Wu JM, Wang SM. Mechanisms for the magnolol-induced cell death of CGTH W-2 thyroid carcinoma cells. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 101:1011-1022, 2007.
- Chung TH, Wang SM, Chang YC, Chen YL, Wu JC*. 18 -Glycyrrhetinic acid promotes src interaction with connexin43 in rat cardiomyocytes. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 100:653-664, 2007.
- Chen Y, Wang SM, Wu JC, Huang SH. Effects of PPAR agonists on cell survival and focal adhesions in a Chinese thyroid carcinoma cell line. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 98:1021-1035, 2006.
- Lin CY, Lin CJ, Chen KH, Wu JC, Huang SH, Wang SM. Macrophage activation increases the invasive properties of hepatoma cells by destabilization of the adherens junction. FEBS Letters 580:3042-3050, 2006.
- Wang HS, Tung WH, Tang KT, Wong YK, Huang GJ, Wu JC, Guo YJ, Chen CC. TGF-β induced hyaluronan synthesis in orbital fibroblasts involves protein kinase C II activation in vitro. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 95:256-267. 2005.
- Chung TH, Wang SM, Wu JC*. 17β-Estradiol reduces the effect of metabolic inhibition on gap junction intercellular communication in rat cardiomyocytes via the estrogen receptor. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 37:1013-1022, 2004.
- Huang YS, Tseng YZ, Wu JC, Wang SM. Mechanism of oleic acid-induced gap junctional disassembly in rat cardiomyocytes. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 37:755-766, 2004.
- Huang SH, Wu JC, Hwang RD, Yeo HL, Wang SM. Effects of 18 -glycyrrhetinic acid on the junctional complex and steroidogenesis in rat adrenocortical cells. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 90:33-41, 2003.
- Wu JC*, Tsai RY, Chung TH. Role of catenins in the development of gap junctions in rat cardiomyocytes. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 88:823-835, 2003.
- Wu JC*, Sung HC, Chung TH, DePhilip RM. Role of N-cadherin- and integrin-based costameres in the development of rat cardiomyocytes. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 84:717-724, 2002.
- Wong YK, Tamg KT, Wu JC, Hwang JJ, Wang HS. Stimulation of hyaluronan synthesis by interleukin-1 involves activation of protein kinase C II in fibroblasts from patient with Graves' ophthalmopathy. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 82:58-67, 2001.
- Lou PJ, Chen WP, Lin CT, Chen HC, Wu JC*. Taxol reduceds cytosolic E-cadherin and -catenin levels in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line TW-039: Cross-talk between the microtubule- and actin-based cytoskeletons. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 79:542-556, 2000.
- Chen JS, Chang CM, Wu JC, Wang SM. Shark cartilage extract interferes with cell adhesion and induces reorganization of focal adhesions in cultured endothelial cells. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 78:417-428, 2000.
- Wang SM, Huang YS, Wu JC, Tseng YZ. Role of desmin filaments in chicken cardiac myofibrillogenesis. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 77:635-644, 2000.
- Lou PJ, Chen WP, Lin CT, DePhilip RM, Wu JC*. E-, P-, and N-cadherin are co-expressed in the nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line TW-039. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 76:161-172, 2000.
- Huang SH, Wu JC, Chang KJ, Liaw KY, Wang SM. Expression of the cadherin-catenin complex in well-differentiated human thyroid neoplastic tissue. Thyroid 9:1095-1103, 1999.
- Huang SH, Yang KJ, Wu JC, Chang KJ, Wang SM. Effects of hyperthermia on the cytoskeleton and focal adhesion proteins in a human thyroid carcinoma cell line. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 75:327-337, 1999.
- Wu JC*, Chung TH, Tseng YZ, Wang SM. N-cadherin/catenin-based costameres in cultured chicken cardiomyocytes. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 75:93-104, 1999.
Liu HW, Kuang YJ, Wu JC, Ma KH, Wang SD, Liu JC. Intrastriatal transplantation of Sertoli cells may improve amphetamine-induced rotation and tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactivity in the striatum of hemiparkinsonian rats. Brain Research 838:227-233,
- Lou PJ, Chen WP, Sheen TS, Ko JY, Hsu MM, Wu JC*. Expression of E-cadherin/catenin complex in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: Correlation with clinicopathological parameters. Oncology Reports 6:1065-1071, 1999.
- Chen WH, Chu KC, Wu SJ, Wu JC, Shui HA, Wu ML. Early metabolic inhibition-induced intracellular sodium and calcium increase in rat cerebellar granule cells. Journal of Physiology 515:133-146, 1999.
- Huang SH, Wu JC, Chang KJ, Liaw KY, Wang SM. Distribution of the cadherin-catenin complex in normal human thyroid epithelium and a thyroid carcinoma cell line. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 70:330-337, 1998.
- Wang SM, Fong TH, Hsu SY, Chien CL, Wu JC*. Reorganization of a novel vimentin-associated protein in 3T3-L1 cells during adipose conversion. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 67:84-91, 1997.
- Wu JC*, Wang SM, Tseng YZ. The involvement of PKC in N-cadherin-mediated adherens junction assembly in cultured cardiomyocytes. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 225:733-739, 1996.
- Wu ML, Tsai KL, Wang SM, Wu JC, Wang BS, Lee YT. Mechanism of hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl free radical-induced intracellular acidification in cultured rat cardiac myoblasts. Circulation Research 78:564-572, 1996.
- Wang SM, Chen JS, Fong TH, Wu JC. Immunocytochemical demonstration of a new vimentin-associated protein in 3T3 fibroblasts. Histochemical Journal 28:469-476, 1996.
- Danahey GD, Wu JC, Lin LH, DePhilip RM. A monoclonal antibody identifies vimentin filaments in Sertoli cells and in a subset of epithelial cells in the rat epididymis, urinary bladder, and prostate. Journal of Urology 154:2190-2196, 1995.
- Wu JC, Gregory CW, DePhilip RM. Expression of E-cadherin in immature rat and mouse testis and in rat Sertoli cell cultures. Biology of Reproduction 49:1353-1361, 1993.
- Wu JC, Gregory CW, DePhilip RM. P-cadherin and E-cadherin are co-expressed in MDCK cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 195:1329-1335, 1993.
- Wang SM, Wu JC, Lue CM, Tsai AI, Chen WP, Lin HS. Effects of light deprivation on prolactin cells in golden hamster: an immunoelectron microscopic study. Histology and Histopathology 7:307-313, 1992.
Wang SM, Wu JC, Lue CM, Liu CL, Lin HS. An immunoelectron microscopic study of corticotrophs in the golden hamster. Anatomy and Embryology 182:539-545, 1990.